An extraordinary work of art in the cultural heart of Madrid
In the heart of Madrid behind its Elizabethan-style façade, the Palacio de los Duques Gran Meliá boasts architectural splendour, combining timeless luxury with an avant-garde flair.
- Due to the Covid-19 health crisis, our hotel operations have been adapted to guarantee safety for our customers and compliance with regulations. Additional cleaning and hygiene measures have been implemented and some procedures and spaces have been adjusted. These changes may affect some services. For more specific information on this hotel, please see the section on Stay Safe
- A 19th century palace with a privileged location in Madrid de los Austrias, next to the Royal Palace, the Royal Theatre and the Almudena Cathedral, inspired by the work of the famous artist Velázquez and a member of the exclusive group of “The Leading Hotels of The World”
- Spectacular 1,000m² historic garden full of life, unique in the heart of Madrid, a haven of peace offering an exceptional dining experience
- Seasonal rooftop pool and whirlpool bathtub overlooking the Royal Palace, the Almudena Cathedral and the famous Austrias district, with sundeck and cocktail bar
- Extensive dining facilities with 3 restaurants: Coroa, Montmartre and Dos Cielos Madrid
- Suites, Red Level and rooms, many specially designed for families
- In the area with the least traffic and lowest emissions in the heart of Madrid, enjoy a healthier environment with all of Madrid within easy reach
In the artistic and cultural heart of Madrid, a short walk from some of the most important monuments in the city, such as the Royal Palace, the Teatro Real and the Almudena Cathedral, behind its magnificent façade the Palacio de los Duques Gran Meliá combines vintage splendour with a delicate contemporary sensibility. This fascinating palace, located on the site of what was the most important convent in Europe in the 13th century, the Convent of Santo Domingo, maintains the character and elegance of the original structure: the residence of the Dukes of Granada de Ega, and has a a beautiful and historically important garden.
Elegant, exquisitely designed rooms that capture the moment and make it eternal. More than just a luxury hotel, the Palacio de los Duques Gran Meliá is a canvas that inspired a most extraordinary way of life.
Located in the heart of the Spanish capital, a city with 73 museums, including the Prado, the Reina Sofía and the Thyssen Bornemisza, and home to such major works such as Picasso’s Guernica, The Second of May by Goya and Velázquez’s Meninas, the source of inspiration in the interior design of the hotel and driving element in all its rooms.
28013 Madrid See location and contact
The hotel at a glance
The Leading Hotels Of The World
The exclusive selection of The Leading Hotels of the World brings together the most prestigious and luxurious hotels in the world. A very select club that demands the highest standards of quality and distinction required to ensure the comfort and wellbeing of guests, and of which this Meliá Hotels International hotel is proud to form part.
Location and contact
AddressCuesta de Santo Domingo 5 y 7
- Palacio de los Duques Gran Meliá
- 5 star
- 40.419834 , -3.709730
- (34) 915 41 67 00
- (34) 915 59 10 40
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our special offers and discounts delivered directly to your inbox