The timeless heritage of the Roman deities, Villa Agrippina a Gran Meliá Hotel Rome
The expansive villa, built by Agrippina Major, evokes the luxurious lifestyle of the ancient Roman resort located between the Janiculum Hill and the Vatican which extended into the area where the Basilica of St. Peter now stands. 2000 years later. Villa Agrippina a Gran Melia Hotel, stands on the same historic site.
- Due to the Covid-19 health crisis, our hotel operations have been adapted to guarantee safety for our customers and compliance with regulations. Additional cleaning and hygiene measures have been implemented and some procedures and spaces have been adjusted. These changes may affect some services. For more specific information on this hotel, please see the section on Stay Safe
- The main attractions in Rome are within walking distance, Villa Agrippina is the closest hotel to the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel. Other essential visits like Trastevere, Campo de’ Fiori Square and Navona Square are about 15 minutes away
- The Ossimoro Restaurant and Amaro Cocktail Bar offer locally sourced good food and wine-pairing menus. From spring to autumn, the Gala Pool Bar & Restaurant opens for refreshing drinks and cocktails, finger food and healthy options. Don’t miss scenic and romantic dinners by the pool
- Aside from the lovely form, the outdoor pool is a rare find among Roman hotels. Sitting or lounging on the pool deck with all the greenery and trees, swimming surrounded by gardens is a fun and relaxing experience, especially in the summertime
- Relax and pamper yourself at our Spa My Blend by Clarins, an oasis of beauty and wellness where high-performance formulas enriched with the purest plant extracts and aromatic essential oils are key to our exclusive treatments
- Meeting rooms and private venues perfect for all kinds of events and creative collaborations
- RedLevel, a tailor-made service designed for discerning travellers who put a premium on value, privacy and peace of mind
Villa Agrippina Gran Meliá
Steeped in history and atmosphere, Villa Agrippina has so many stories to tell.
Its outstanding location is unrivalled. In a radius of only a few kilometres, the percentage of architectural genius per square metre reaches disproportionate levels. Visit the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and the Basilica of Saint Peter. From paintings by Raffaello and Leonardo da Vinci, to Greek and Roman statues; Michelangelo’s frescos in the Sistine Chapel and the masterpieces housed in the Basilica of Saint Peter, the biggest church in the world. Among the many artifacts and mosaics, the “Piety” of Michelangelo and the beautifully sculpted Bernini altar, reflect the magnificence of Rome.
Surrounded by Splendour
The stunning features of Villa Agrippina will make the perfect excuse to keep coming back to Rome. The tranquillity of the design of the flower garden, wandering along paths with plants favoured by the ancient Romans, such as bay laurel, myrtle, rosemary, strawberry tree and lentisk, are just some of the precious ingredients used to give a burst of flavour to the Roman and Italian recipes from the kitchen. The sinuous outdoor pool in the shade of Rome's iconic stone pines, the pure and relaxing atmosphere of the SPA My Blend by Clarins and the simple architectural design are some of the features of Villa Agrippina’s distinctive identity.
At Villa Agrippina, the hotel staff go above and beyond to make every guest feel special. The RedLevel experience has been created to further enhance this feeling, offering tailor-made customer experiences with unique and thoughtful features to make your stay exceptional.
00165 Rome See location and contact
The hotel at a glance
The Leading Hotels Of The World
The exclusive selection of The Leading Hotels of the World brings together the most prestigious and luxurious hotels in the world. A very select club that demands the highest standards of quality and distinction required to ensure the comfort and wellbeing of guests, and of which this Meliá Hotels International hotel is proud to form part.
Location and contact
AddressVia del Gianicolo, 3
- Villa Agrippina Gran Meliá
- 5 star deluxe
- 41.89907 , 12.46057
- (39) 0 6 92 59 01
- (39) 0 6 92 59 0300
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our special offers and discounts delivered directly to your inbox