The constant blue of the sky is reflected in the sea beside Meliá Costa del Sol. Enjoy the beach at your feet all year round, a fully-equipped marine spa and a personalised service
CULTURE, LEISURE AND SPORTS
Malaga and the Meliá Costa del Sol offer an ideal location for you to combine work, relaxation, culture and leisure. Ask about our sport, cultural and leisure activities you can enjoy outside the hotel. We will be delighted in helping you make the most of your stay on the Costa del Sol.
ONE OF THE OLDEST CITIES IN EUROPE
Malaga was founded by the Phoenicians in the eight century before Christ making it one of the oldest cities in Europe. Nowadays, Malaga is a notable economic and cultural centre as well as an important communication hub on the Mediterranean coast.
MAIN PLACES OF INTEREST
- The Alcazaba of Malaga. Fortification-palace from the Muslim era, built on an earlier Phoenician-Punic fortification, and on whose summit is the Gibralfaro Castle
- The Gibralfaro Castle. Built in the 14th century to house the troops and protect La Alcazaba
- Plaza de la Merced. One of the main squares in the city centre, location of acts and festivals. Here you can see the obelisk in honour of General Torrijos and the birthplace of Picasso, currently home of the Picasso Foundation and the Birthplace Museum
- Picasso Museum. Housing a collection of over 200 works of art by the famous Spanish artist. Paintings, drawing, prints and ceramics. The museum is located in a 16th century building: the Palacio de Buenavista, was declared a National Monument for being a reference of renaissance stately architect
- Malaga cathedral. A grand temple which was built between 528 and 1782. It is one of the 10 most popular religious buildings in Spain
- Episcopal Palace. Building of great architectural beauty which holds numerous free exhibitions
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our special offers and discounts delivered directly to your inbox