Right on the best location of san sebastian: la concha beach
Unbeatable location in San Sebastian for visiting one of the grandest cities on the Cantabrian coast and tasting its renowned pintxos and tapas. Book our rooms and suites with views and enjoy a privileged viewpoint over La Concha beach.
SAN SEBASTIÁN WITH THE FAMILY
Are you travelling with the family and want to know what are the best activities to enjoy together? Here are a few things you can do...
- Leave the hotel and walk two minutes to Bahía de la Concha. Needless to say, La Concha Beach is an ideal place to enjoy with the family if the weather is good. Following the beach path to the right, the Alderdi Eder Park is a great place for children to play or ride on the roundabout while you enjoy a great view of the bay
- If you keep walking, you will reach the old town, and we would encourage you to go up Mount Urgull. Children will enjoy the cannons and the castle. This 12th century castle helped defend the city and also suffered sieges by the English and French. At the end of the path is a small museum which provides access to the Sacred Heart and a bird's eye view of the city
- The port, the new promenade and a stroll around the old town are all worth seeing to soak up the San Sebastián atmosphere. In the port you can buy kiskillas (very small prawns) and karrakelas (sea snails) to eat on the spot and make you look like a local. If you’re lucky and the sea is a bit rough, you will see the waves crashing onto the shore. Be careful not to get wet!
- Strolling around the bay in the opposite direction, you will come across Ondarreta Beach and at the end of the road the Peine del Viento, a work by the sculptor Eduardo Chillida. This is a very special place, at one with the sea. Brave kids (and adults too) can crouch over the holes in the ground to listen to the waves
- From here, you can head for Mount Igeldo. If you want to see an amusement park that is more than 100 years old, this is the place for you. To visit the park, I recommend you take the funicular (it’s quite cheap). The park has a retro feel you will love and is still a place where the kids will have great fun. The views of the city are also impressive
- San Sebastián Aquarium. Located on the pier next to the Paseo Nuevo promenade, it has an important historical collection and a modern extension with a passage that runs through a huge fish tank. If you come on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday around 12 midday, you can see how they feed the fish
- Catamaran Tour. This is a trip along the coast of San Sebastian for about 40 minutes
- Txuri Urdin Ice Park. This is a good place to spend time with family trying some ice skating. It can be great fun
- Eureka Science Museum. This science museum also has a Planetarium. It is an interactive museum where the information is presented in a really cool way, allowing you to touch the exhibits and do experiments
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our special offers and discounts delivered directly to your inbox