A paradise on the Atlantic
Immerse yourself in tropical gardens, spectacular pools and fine sandy beaches. Be carried away by its magnificent architecture and experience the luxury designed for adults at Meliá Salinas.
Lanzarote is the northernmost and easternmost island of the Canary Islands. It belongs to the province of Las Palmas and its capital is Arrecife.
Is has some of the best beaches in Europe(fine, white sand, golden sand and dark coloured sand, with calm waters, gentle waves and crystal clear waters), unique landscapes formed by volcanic caves, lava lakes and craters and famous tourist resorts such as Puerto del Carmen, Costa Teguise and Playa Blanca.
PLACES OF INTEREST IN LANZAROTE
- Timanfaya National Park. In its51.07 km2 you can admire a variety of geological phenomena and an important biological diversity with over 180 different plant species
- César Manrique Foundation. Important cultural centre on the island located in Taro de Tahiche, in the former home of César Manrique. It has two main collections: a contemporary art collection and another showing the work of the artist
- Jameos del agua. To the north of Lanzarote, at the foot of the Volcán de la Corona, one of the world’s best cave systems
- El Golfo. The Gulf is the name given to the crater to which only one half now remains
- The Mirador del Río. Located in the island’s northern cape overlooking the Chinijo Archipelago
- Cueva de los verdes. Location of the old Majos Guanches, place of refuge during raids by the Barbary corsairs
- The Cactus Garden. Created by César Manrique, this former quarry has been converted into a unique plantation with a wide variety of different cactus
- Teguise. The capital of Lanzarote until 1852. Today it is one of the island’s main cultural and tourism attractions
- San José castle. Location of the International Museum of Contemporary Art and known locally as "The Fortress of Hunger "
- The Home Museum and the Campesino Monument
- Agricultural Museum. Where you can see a traditional campesino home from the 1840s
- The Salt Flats of Janubio
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our special offers and discounts delivered directly to your inbox