with your reservation
International travel insurance including coverage for Covid-19
The Andalusian government offers free travel insurance for stays in our hotel with extensive coverage for cases of Covid-19, including medical expenses, an extended stay in the hotel, accompaniment and repatriation. For more information, see the official website HERE.
The benefit only applies to foreign international travellers of any age who are non-residents and who travel to the region of Andalusia for tourism and stay at the hotel
Valid for stays between January 1 and December 31, 2021
Enjoy the immense beaches of the Atlantic Ocean with your family
Most rooms have views over the sea or the river. Seafood, mountain dishes and international cuisine. Different gastronomic spaces: Buffet restaurant, bar restaurant in pool, Lobby Bar and Salon Bar. Wi-Fi. Outdoor, indoor and children´s pools. Children´s Club and Baby Club. Wellness center, gym.
The Meliá Atlántico Isla Canela offers a wide choice of different activities, designed for all tastes and ages.
The Isla Canela Golf Club is an 18 hole golf course located in Playas de Ayamonte, Huelva, right in the heart of the Costa de la Luz. Its topographic characteristics and great climate means you can play golf at any time of the year, making the Isla Canela Golf Club a wonderful destination for any golf fan.
Activities within the hotel
- Sports: spinning, step, paddle tennis and tennis competitions, pilates, aerobics, stretching, football and volleyball matches, aquagym.
- Dance and flamenco classes
- Modern and well equipped facilities for paddle tennis (1) and tennis (1) (*)
- 18 hole Isla Canela Golf Course only 6 km from the hotel (*)
- Evening entertainment: magic shows, live music, flamenco performances, bingo, musicals...
(*) Extra charge
Activities outside the hotel
- Excursions to the Algarve, Huelva and the nearby beaches
- Visits to the Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Parks, with the Gruta de las Maravillas, the Doñana National Park, the Minas de Rio Tinto and Tharsis and the Monastery of Rábida
- Water sport s at the beach (kite surfing, diving, snorkelling, surfing, windsurfing…)
- Boats for hire (motorboats and yachts)
- Leisure parks and water parks in the south of Portugal 50 minutes away
- Covered sports courts for hire (basketball, indoor football, handball, volleyball, etc.) in nearby towns
- Hiking: discover the wonderful natural scenery and beaches of Isla Canela
- Horse riding in the surroundings
- Golf at the Isla Canela Golf Club only 6 km from the hotel. 18 holes
- Excursion to the hermitage of El Rocío in Almonte (Huelva)
- Enjoy a wide range of local cuisine at the local chiringuitos or restaurants. Typical regional dishes include clams, prawns, fried fish and Iberian ham
Cycling: discover the different routes in Isla Canela
Isla Canela is the last beach resort in Spain before reaching Portugal and is the perfect place for a holiday with your partner, friends or the family. The Isla Canela beach, with its distinctive Blue Flag, is a beautiful beach surrounded by unspoilt natural scenery. Come and discover its marshes and charming villages.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our special offers and discounts delivered directly to your inbox