Find peace by the sea
Discover a paradise on the shores of the Black Sea, where you can enjoy the sun and unwind. Meliá Grand Hermitage, with its unique setting and services, will exceed all your expectations.
Golden Sands Nature Park / Zlatni Piyasatsi Nature Park
- Zlatni Pyasatsi Nature Park is the smallest Nature Park (13.2 sq.km) in Bulgaria. The Park was declared as protected area for conservation and protection of valuable habitats, flora, fauna and specific landscapes in 1943. The Park is part of the European network Natura 2000 as a Special Area of Conservation named Zlatni Pyasatsi.
- Parks average length is 9.2 km and average width – 1.2 km. The highest point is Chiplak Tepe (269.3 m a.s.l.), and the average altitude is 110 m.
- Aladzha Monastery is the most famous medieval cave monastery on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast situated in Zlatni Pyasatsi Nature Park (Golden Sands Nature Park). The name of Aladzha monastery comes from the Turkish word for colourful ("aladzha") due most probably to the bright colours of its wall paintings, dating back to the early Middle Ages. According to some historians, primitive monks' cells were built and inhabited already in the 4th century AC. The entire monastery is considered to date back to the 12th century AC.
- The city of Varna is situated in the North-Eastern part of Bulgaria, on the Black Sea shore. Varna is the third largest city in Bulgaria and the largest one on the Black Sea shore with population of about 330 000 people. Because of its history and its economical and cultural significance, it is often called the Sea Capital of Bulgaria.
- The oldest gold treasure in the world was discovered in the Varna Necropolis just outside the coastal city of Varna. It dates back to 5000 BC and consists of over three thousand different artifacts. Many prominent Bulgarian and foreign archaeologists and experts have analysed it and they all agree that it is one of the most groundbreaking historical discoveries of all time.
- Today Varna is a modern city with a rich cultural calendar. Two of the most modern multifunctional halls in the county are situated here – the Palace of Culture and Sports and the Festival and Congress Center, which allow the conducting of multiple international cinema festivals, scientific forums and sport events, among which are the following: International Theater Festival “Varna Summer”, Ethnic Festival, International Jazz Festival “Varna Summer”, International Folklore Festival of Varna, International Film Festival “Love is Folly”, International Festival of Puppet Art “Golden Dolphin”, International Photographic Saloon, Bulgarian Film Festival “Golden Rose”, etc.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our newsletter and get our special offers and discounts delivered directly to your inbox