1. 1. The ProgrammeMeliáRewards (henceforth "the Programme") is a Loyalty Programme, operated by Meliá Hotels International, S.A. with registered offices at Calle Gremio Toneleros nº 24, Polígono Son Castelló, 07009, Palma de Mallorca and CIF (company tax ID) nº A-78.304.516 (henceforth, "the Owner"), which is managed and operated by Prodigios Interactivos S.A. (henceforth "the Agent")
Cardholders must be over 18 years of age and ownership of the card is individual, except for Club Meliá where the number of cardholders depends on the number of people who have signed the timeshare contract.
The sale, exchange or transfer of the card or a benefit of the programme is entirely prohibited.
Each MeliáRewards member may have only one account, cancelling any additional card which they may have obtained discounting any points awarded from welcome promotions, duplicated stays or promotional vouchers that may apply.
MeliáRewards membership is not compatible with membership of mas amigos nor mas estrellas. Points can only be earned in one of the programmes.
The cardholder agrees to inform Meliá Hotels International of any change in the name or address of the cardholder in writing (either by post, fax, email or internet via www.meliarewards.com).
3. Programme objective
The programme aims to reward guests. To this end they will receive a card with which they can earn MeliáRewards points:
- for each stay made in any participating hotel. The participating hotels can be seen at www.melia.com/meliarewards
- For buying products and services of companies associated to the programme. These may be seen at www.melia.com/meliarewards
Programme welcome gift
A welcome gift of 2,000 points will be given to new cardholders who register at www.meliá.com or www.meliarewards.com, or complete the registration form in a hotel. In the latter case, cardholders will not earn points for the stay made when they join the programme, but they will earn points on their next stay.
4. Earning points for Meliá hotel stays and services
To earn and use points the Loyalty Programme Department must have the explicit consent of the cardholder, either via a correctly completed registration form or through online registration.
Points will be earned on the cardholder’s card for every stay valid for the programme. Points will not be awarded for stays prior to the registration date.
Points earned will be added to the programme card (providing the rate paid is a qualifying rate) except when the cardholder informs staff that they wish to earn points on another card belonging to companies associated with Meliá Hotels International, at the rate and under the conditions explained at www.meliarewards.com
The card must be presented at the hotel reception to earn points and get the benefits of their card status as part of the MeliáRewards programme.
The benefits of the programme are not compatible with other loyalty programmes, unless Meliá Hotels International S.A. determines otherwise.
Cardholders will automatically earn points depending on the total amount of the booking before taxes and any other applicable charges, including any extras and services included on the booking, but excluding those mentioned below. Points cannot be accumulated on extras that are purchased after making the booking or booked directly at the hotel.
5. Points can only be earned in the account of the cardholder who stays at the hotel, regardless of whoever pays the bill, whether that is the cardholder themselves or any of their companions, their company or a travel agency.
Points can only be earned on a maximum of two rooms during the same stay, only when the first room is occupied by the cardholder and the second by their children under the age of 18.
Points can be earned for no-shows only when booking conditions have been complied with and a fee of one or more nights is charged as a result of the cancellation.
Points are earned as follows depending on the card type
- MeliáRewards: 10 points for every 1 €/$.
- MeliáRewards Silver: 11 points for every 1 €/$.
- MeliáRewards Gold: 12 points for every 1 €/$
- MeliáRewards Platinum: 14 points for every 1 €/$.
6. Points will not be earned in the following cases
- Stays made using point redemption.
- For bookings, services and extras when the cardholder books through or pays a rate applicable to an OTA (online travel agencies), tour operator, group, voucher, air crew or other programmes not operated by Meliá Hotels International S.A.
- When the bill is not paid in full or in part.
- Banquets (including other types of dinners and banquets, Christmas and New Year’s Eve gala dinners as well as any other type of lunch/dinner regardless of number of diners) and meeting room rentals. Points will only be earned when the cardholder organises a wedding banquet, depending on the cost of the banquet in the hotel and in accordance with the points table provided by the hotel sales teams that helps organize the banquet.
- Additional services provided in the hotel other than accommodation (including but not limited to SPAs (except Yhi Spa), restaurants, laundry, car parks, etc.).
7. Earning and using points with third parties associated to the programme
In addition to earning points for staying at Meliá hotels, the cardholder can earn points by buying products or services from third parties associated to the programme. These points can be exchanged for stays or any other of the benefits that may apply under the programme Terms and Conditions.
Cardholders can check www.meliarewards.com to see third parties associated to the programme as well as the specific conditions that apply to earning points for their products and services.
Under no circumstances will Meliá be liable for the products and services contracted by cardholders provided by third parties.
8. Meliá Rewards levels
The different MeliáRewards levels are awarded by Meliá Hotels International applying the following criteria:
- MeliáRewards: basic level of the programme, given to all new cardholders.
- MeliáRewards Silver: obtained when the cardholder has stayed 5 nights or earned 5,000 points or made 2 stays in the previous 12 months.
- MeliáRewards Gold: obtained when the cardholder has stayed 20 nights or earned 20,000 points or made 10 stays in the previous 12 months.
- MeliáRewards Platinum: obtained when the cardholder has stayed 50 nights and earned 50,000 points or made 30 stays in the previous 12 months.
9. Point claims system
If the cardholder does not agree with the points assigned to a stay / products or services in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, they may make a claim through meliarewards.com or by calling the Customer Service hotline indicating the booking reference number and providing a copy of the bill.
Claims must be made within six months from the check-in date or the end of the service. After this period no claims will be accepted, and the cardholder expressly waives any rights to do so.
Point purchase system
The cardholder can buy points at meliárewards.com, up to an annual maximum of 100,000 points. Purchase points are not taken into consideration to obtain a superior MeliáRewards card level in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. Using points for stays
Free stays in participating hotels using points can be requested online at meliárewards.com or by calling Customer Service. Cardholders are informed that there are a limited number of rooms available for point redemption stays depending on the category of the card, and availability in never guaranteed by the programme.
These bookings will be confirmed at the best available rate, except when participating hotels are 100% full, in which case no booking will be made. Extra expenses not included in the point redemption booking must be paid directly at the hotel.
These extras are not eligible to earn points. The cardholder may also book using points plus cash only at www.meliarewards.com. In both cases, for no-shows and cancellations a charge of 100% of the points will be made as a cancellation fee. No point redemption stay will be accepted without a prior booking.
11. Point redemption for free stays in participating hotels will only be possible with a minimum number of points which may be reviewed and modified at any time by Meliá HotelsInternational S.A. Both the list of participating hotels and the minimum number of points can be seen at www.meliarewards.com
After check-in, bookings cannot be changed. If the cardholder wishes to cut short the stay, they will lose the points for the remaining nights. If the cardholder wishes to stay longer, they should make a new booking for the extra nights. If the booking is made for a period of time after points expire, the booking cannot be changed and points cannot be recovered.
When a hotel stops participating in the programme, points can no longer be earned or used for stays in the hotel and special offers will automatically be invalidated, without no obligation to inform cardholders.
12. Exchanging points for prizes and other benefits
The cardholder can exchange their points for gifts from the catalogue which can be seen at www.meliarewards.com. The cardholder must make the order for the gifts.
The cardholder can also exchange points for promotions available at any time (such as theme park entrance tickets, subscriptions for magazines, etc.). These promotions can also be seen at www.meliarewards.com
With regards to gifts and other products, both Meliá Hotels International and the programme are not liable in any way for their quality, breakage, loss, or when the service/product shown does not correspond to what was delivered /used etc. The cardholder should direct any claim or complaint in relation to these products and services directly to the supplier.
13. Point validity
Meliá Hotels International reserves the right to offer different expiry conditions for points awarded in promotions.
Specific conditions of promotion points
If a cardholder is awarded promotion points and then decides to leave the programme, these points may not be transferred to another MeliáRewards card or exchanged for points/ miles of cards or companies associated with the programme.
It is also strictly prohibited to transfer points obtained from a promotion and not coming from a booking to any other programme or companies associated to the programme, including welcome points, bonus points for registering online, points plus euros, member get member bonuses or any other promotion that may come into effect in the future.
Each of the promotions will have a specific validity. After the expiry date of the points they will be withdrawn from the account without warning, with the cardholder waiving any right to any related claim.
14. Transferring points
Points may not be transferred between accounts of different cardholders by any means other than as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.Points properly transferred or converted into points /miles of other associated programmes cannot be reimbursed to the MeliáRewards account.
The person who makes the transfer or conversion of points between two programmes must be the cardholder for the request to be accepted. The cardholder may transfer a maximum of 100,000 points between accounts and programmes during each calendar year. The promotional points received from joining the programme cannot be transferred to another account or programme.
15. Cancelling membership
A cardholder may cancel MeliáRewards membership at any time in writing, on the website or by calling Customer Services. Voluntary cancellation implies the loss of all of the cardholder’s points and benefits as soon as the card becomes inactive.
16. Cancellation of accounts and cards
Accounts that remain inactive for a period of over a year will be cancelled automatically with the loss of all accumulated points. An inactive account occurs when a cardholder has not earned points for stays in participating hotels, has not purchased points or earned or exchanged points through any of the programme options during a period of over one year.
Meliá Hotels International reserves the right to cancel the card of any member if it has been used improperly by the cardholder to obtain/exchange points, or if any bill for a stay in one of the company’s hotels has not been paid for by the cardholder.
In the event of cancellation of inactive accounts due to improper use or abuse of earned points, new requests to rejoin the programme will not be accepted.
In the event of card cancellation due to account inactivity, the cardholder may request the reactivation of the account but may not claim any points that were cancelled in the account unless they are claiming points that were not registered at the time and can present a bill for the stay in the previous six months. In the event of the death of a cardholder, the account and all earned points will be cancelled.
Meliá Hotels International and the programme assume no liability in relation to products and services sold or provided by third parties, nor are they liable with regards to the loss of prizes, correspondence, incorrect addresses, delays in prize delivery, etc.; nor the theft or unauthorized use of points or the use of a prize as a consequence of circumstances beyond the ordinary operations of the programme.
Meliá Hotels International reserves the right to correct any error without notice, whether printing errors, price, point, description, etc. in relation to the programme.
Meliá Hotels International is not responsible for lost or delayed postal correspondence, nor for errors in the printed description, printing errors or price of material sent to cardholders, reserving the right to correct them and allowing them to be viewed on www.meliarewards.com.
The updated Terms and Conditions and all promotions, etc. related to the programme can be seen at any time at www.meliarewards.com.
18. Protection of personal data
In accordance with Article 5 of Law 15/1999 on Data Protection and Article 12 of Royal Decree 1720/2007, by registering for the MeliáRewards programme the cardholder expressly agrees that the data provided throughout their relationship with Meliá Hotels International in the programme may be collected and processed in a file owned by MELIÁ HOTELS INTERNATIONAL, S.A., with address in Calle Gremio Toneleros nº 24, Palma de Mallorca 07009, Spain.
The purpose of this processing is to allow the proper operation of the MeliáRewards programme, provide the best customer service and ensure sales information on the products and services provided by the company and other Meliá group companies may be sent to cardholders via email, mobile phone, telemarketing or post, along with products and services from companies associated to the programme, and of third parties in the leisure, tourism, catering and/or sale and promotion of real estate timeshare businesses. If you do not wish to receive this sales information, please indicate this below:
Similarly, you expressly consent that the information provided and which may be collected throughout the service, be assigned to MHI hotel owners and other Meliá group companies, companies associated to the programme, and third parties in the leisure, tourism, catering and/or sale and promotion of real estate timeshare businesses, in Spain and abroad, for the for the correct management of points and delivery of sales communications about products and services.
Please note that at any time you may exercise your rights under the law and, in particular, of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, by writing to the Group Marketing Department at the postal address above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref: Data Protection).
19. Programme changes
Meliá Hotels International reserves the right to cancel, change or modify in full or in part the programme conditions at any time, informing cardholders as quickly as possible through publication on the website, allowing cardholders to make any claims with regard to the changes.
If the programme itself is cancelled, all the cardholders’ accumulated points will be cancelled automatically, without any right to compensation for any cardholders. Meliá Hotels International also reserves the right to modify the list of participating hotels at any time. This list can be checked on the website or by calling Customer Services.
20. Other conditions
I. The “late check-out” benefit is always subject to room availability and prior confirmation by reception.
II. Alcoholic beverages are not included in the “free minibar” benefit for Platinum cardholders.
III. To obtain the Status for Life benefit, the following minimum requirements must be met.
- Gold for Life: 5 consecutive years as a Gold cardholder and 250 nights stayed
- Platinum for Life: 10 consecutive years as a Platinum cardholder and 500 nights stayed
21. Particular conditions for Club Meliá cardholders
The owners of timeshare properties from any of the companies comprising Club Meliá will automatically get a MeliáRewards Gold card and will not be subject to the minimum requirements to maintain MeliáRewards Gold status, providing they maintain their status as a Club Meliá member and pay all the fees and quotas defined in the purchase contract of the timeshare.
If these conditions are not met or if they lose Club Meliá membership, cardholders will descend to the basic level of MeliáRewards, unless they have fulfilled the conditions defined above to be a Silver or Gold cardholder.
22. The specific conditions below will apply to such cardholders, in addition to the Terms and Conditions applicable in general to other cardholders:
- If a cardholder or Club Meliá beneficiary who has made a booking by redeeming points does not actually stay at the hotel and does not cancel their booking before the arrival date, there will be no refund of the total points for the stay.
- Club Meliá cardholders’ points are subject to their own expiry dates, which will be duly communicated when contracting the product.
- Cardholders with points obtained under the Club Meliá system who require more information can call Club Meliá Customer Services.
- MeliáRewards points cannot be earned for stays booked by Club Meliá customers in exchange for their “Options”.
- If a cardholder in the Club Meliá system does not make a monthly maintenance fee payment or any other payment, Meliá Hotels International reserves the right to revoke, suspend or end their MeliáRewards membership.
23. Law and jurisdiction
The Terms and Conditions of the MeliáRewards programme are governed in accordance with the legal regulations in Spain. Any dispute will be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of Palma de Mallorca.