"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
MELIÁ ATLANTERRA INITIATIVES
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We support campaigns and actions targeting groups at risk of social exclusion
- We participate in programmes to promote the responsible conservation of the destination
Architectural conservation and the responsible use of materials
- The hotel stands in a natural setting
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- We calculate the carbon footprint for the events we organize
- The hotel is equipped with heat insulation systems: solar film, double glazing, etc.
- There is a significant use of electrical and electronic equipment with an A+ energy rating or other energy efficiency standards
- Our guests are offered the use of bicycles or electric vehicles
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- The hotel hosts gastronomy events
- The menus feature locally-sourced produce prepared in its kitchens
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
- The hotel has customer service agreements with nearby restaurants and businesses
Waste Management and Recycling
- There are closed agreements with suppliers designed to cut down on packaging
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- We encouraged and apply the use of recicled paper
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- We use recycled products
- Cultural and social events are organized regularly
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture
- The design and décor features aspects of local traditions and culture
- Cultural events to promote local culture are organized at the hotel
- Local arts and craft are promoted and supported
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
- Conservation of local culture and identity are promoted through programmes and actions
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
- Treated water is reused for cisterns or garden irrigation systems
Relations with responsible suppliers
- Where appropriate, we purchase local products that contribute to the development of the surrounding area
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products