"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
SOL PRÍNCIPE INITIATIVE
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We support campaigns and actions targeting groups at risk of social exclusion
Biodiversity and the Environment
- We encourage our guests to become aware of and get involved in biodiversity conservation actions
Architectural conservation and the responsible use of materials
- Environmentally-friendly materials were used in any rehabilitation work that may have been carried out
- Environmentally-friendly materials were used in any refurbishment work that may have been carried out in the hotel
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel uses LED lighting
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- We calculate the carbon footprint for the events we organize
- The hotel uses renewable energies - geothermal, wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic
- The hotel is equipped with heat insulation systems: solar film, double glazing, etc.
- There is a significant use of electrical and electronic equipment with an A+ energy rating or other energy efficiency standards (Energy Star, EU Ecolabel, among others)
- Our guests are offered the use of bicycles or electric vehicles
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- Our product purchases are made in bulk
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- We stock reusable materials (e.g. table linen)
- We encouraged and apply the use of recicled paper
- Guests are offered the possibility of receiving their bills by email
- The hotel uses products made from recycled materials
- We use recycled products
- Cultural and social events are organized regularly
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture (photography, painting, sculpture, music, dance, theatre and art)
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
- There are systems to restrict cistern flow
- The hotel is equipped with dual flush cisterns
- Our gardens are watered using low consumption irrigation systems
- Treated water is reused for cisterns or garden irrigation systems