"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
MELIÁ SOL Y NIEVE INITIATIVE
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We support campaigns and actions targeting groups at risk of social exclusion
- We take part in skills-building actions or training programmes targeting underprivileged groups or persons at risk of social exclusion
Biodiversity and the Environment
- We apply initiatives aimed at reducing, minimising or eliminating pollution in general, as part of its commitment to the environment and guests' health and wellbeing
Architectural conservation and the responsible use of materials
- The hotel stands in a natural setting
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel uses LED lighting
- The hotel is equipped with lighting presence detectors
- The hotel uses renewable energies - geothermal, wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic
- The hotel is equipped with heat insulation systems: solar film, double glazing, etc.
- There is a significant use of electrical and electronic equipment with an A+ energy rating or other energy efficiency standards (Energy Star, EU Ecolabel, among others)
- Our guests are offered the use of bicycles or electric vehicles
- Our collaborators receive training in environmental issues
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- The hotel hosts gastronomy events
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
- The hotel has customer service agreements with nearby restaurants and businesses
Waste Management and Recycling
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- We encouraged and apply the use of recicled paper
- Cultural and social events are organized regularly
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture (photography, painting, sculpture, music, dance, theatre and art)
- Cultural events to promote local culture are organized at the hotel
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
- Conservation of local culture and identity are promoted through programmes and actions
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
- The hotel is equipped with dual flush cisterns
- Our gardens are watered using low consumption irrigation systems
Relations with responsible suppliers
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products