"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
SOL MILANOS PINGÜINOS INITIATIVE
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We take part in skills-building actions or training programmes targeting underprivileged groups or persons at risk of social exclusion
Biodiversity and the Environment
- We are involved with the protection and recovery of natural spaces of major environmental importance
- We collaborate with the protection of endangered species and those at risk of extinction
- We collaborate with local initiatives for the conservation of the environment, flora and fauna
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel uses LED lighting
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- We calculate the carbon footprint for the events we organize
- The hotel uses renewable energies - geothermal, wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic
- The hotel is equipped with heat insulation systems: solar film, double glazing, etc.
- Our guests are offered the use of bicycles or electric vehicles
- There are electric vehicle parking spaces available for guests
- The hotel offers guests a compensation service for the emissions generated by their stay
- Our collaborators receive training in environmental issues
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- Culinary offer includes produce from ecological livestock farming and agriculture
- The menus feature locally-sourced produce prepared in its kitchens
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- We use biodegradable products
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- Our employees are provided with group transport options
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- We use recycled products
- We use eco-friendly products
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
Relations with responsible suppliers
- We use products based on sustainable production, use and disposal processes (specified in greater detail above)
- The hotel applies responsible policies, processes and agreements in its dealings with suppliers
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products
- We collaborate with suppliers in the application of responsible good practices