"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
SOL BEACH HOUSE MENORCA INITIATIVE
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
Biodiversity and the Environment
- The hotel applies initiatives for the maintenance, conservation and elimination of waste from the surrounding areas (beaches, rivers, wetlands, forests, etc.)
- We collaborate with local initiatives for the conservation of the environment, flora and fauna
- We encourage our guests to become aware of and get involved in biodiversity conservation actions
Architectural conservation and the responsible use of materials
- Environmentally-friendly materials were used in any rehabilitation work that may have been carried out
- Environmentally-friendly materials were used in any refurbishment work that may have been carried out in the hotel
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- The hotel is equipped with lighting presence detectors
- There is a significant use of time switches and other lighting control systems
- There are electric vehicle parking spaces available for guests
- The hotel offers guests a compensation service for the emissions generated by their stay
- Our collaborators receive training in environmental issues
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- Our cleaning teams use concentrated cleaning products
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- The hotel works to raise guests' awareness of the benefits of public transport as the best means of getting around the area
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- We use eco-friendly products
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture (photography, painting, sculpture, music, dance, theatre and art)
- The design and décor features aspects of local traditions and culture
- Local arts and craft are promoted and supported
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
- Conservation of local culture and identity are promoted through programmes and actions
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
Relations with responsible suppliers
- We use products based on sustainable production, use and disposal processes (specified in greater detail above)
- The hotel applies responsible policies, processes and agreements in its dealings with suppliers
- Where appropriate, we purchase local products that contribute to the development of the surrounding area
- We collaborate with suppliers in the application of responsible good practices