"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS WITH...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
GRAN MELIA DON PEPE INITIATIVES
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We support campaigns and actions targeting groups at risk of social exclusion
- We participate in programmes to promote the responsible conservation of the destination
Architectural conservation and the responsible use of materials
- The building is considered part of the city's cultural heritage as it is a symbolic and historic building
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- We offer guests bicycles and electric vehicles
- There is a significant use of time switches and other lighting control systems
- We have an Integral Plan of Corrective-Preventative Maintenance
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- The hotel hosts gastronomy events
- Our culinary offer includes produce from ecological livestock farming and agriculture
- We offer special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- We have closed agreements with suppliers to reduce packaging
- We use biodegradable products
- We use recycled products
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- We use recycled products
- We use eco-friendly products
- Cultural and social events are organized regularly
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture
- Cultural events to promote local culture are organized at the hotel
- Conservation of local culture and identity are promoted through programmes and actions
Water Use Reduction
- Guests are involved in the responsible use of water during their stay
- Our gardens are watered with a low consumption watering system
- We reuse water for watering the gardens and for water tanks
Relations with responsible suppliers
- The hotel applies responsible policies, processes and agreements in its dealings with suppliers
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products
- We collaborate with suppliers in the application of responsible good practices
- The hotel participates in special events organised by suppliers with social and responsible aims