THIS IS MY MÁLAGA
Welcome to Malaga!
My name is Jesús and I am the street market expert at the TRYP ALAMEDA. Below is a description of the street markets in the different neighborhoods of Malaga known as rastros. Nearly every neighborhood has its own weekly street market. The largest is that by the trade fair ground, held every Sunday which brings together all the vendors of Malaga.
At the street markets you will find clothes, fresh fruit and vegetables, olives, nuts… At the market on a Sunday there is second hand furniture and a more extensive variety of products that at the other markets.
Below is a weekly schedule of the markets, the neighborhood and the bus lines:
- Monday: Campanillas BUS 37 and Barriada La Luz BUS 9
- Tuesday: Puerto de la Torre BUS 21, Churriana BUS 10 and Palma-Palmilla BUS
- Wednesday: Avenida de Europa BUS 1, Barriada La Paz BUS 10, Colonia de Santa Inés 21 and Huelin BUS 3
- Thursday: Ciudad Jardín BUS 26, Cruz de Humilladero BUS 4 and Santa Paula BUS 3
- Friday: Miraflores BUS 6 and Los Corazones BUS 4
- Saturday: El Palo BUS 11
- Sundays: Rastro del Cortijo de Torres (trade fair ground) BUS 24. On the first Sunday of the month there is a special market in El Palo, where you can find crafts, local organic products and unique clothes
In summer, on the third Saturday of the month, on the esplanade there is a Contemporary Arts Centre (CAC), a space that will form part of the future Soho Malagueño. This exciting project aims to convert the Ensanche de Muelle Heredia into an attractive cultural, commercial and leisure space, improve accessibility, create new leisure options and renovate the image of the neighborhood. In this market you can find amongst other things, paintings, ceramics, lithographs, hand-made bags, Afghan jewellery, African art, antiques, second hand records, photography and sculpture… Enjoy shopping and browsing outdoors without having to go into shops!