RECOGISED TOURIST DESTINATION IN ANDALUSIA
Torremolinos is a municipality in Malaga on the Costa del Sol, on the western shore of the Bay of Malaga surrounded by the Sierra de Mijas mountains.
THE BEACHES, THE MAIN ATTRACTION
- Torremolinos has nearly 7 kilometres of coastline. Its beaches are characterized by their dark sand and gentle waves
- Highlights: Los Álamos, Playamar, El Bajondillo, La Carihuela, Montemar and El Saltillo. All of them are urban beaches and can be reached from the promenade
- The most popular beaches are El Bajondillo (one kilometre long and 40 metres wide) and La Carihuela (two kilometres long and 40 metres wide)
The typical dishes from Torremolinos are roasted pepper salad; grilled sardines; gazpacho; seafood and shellfish such as clams, cockles, prawns, razor clams, crayfish, king prawn; fish baked in salt, fried fish and traditional Torremolinos cakes.
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Calle San Miguel, located in the old quarter, a great street for shopping
- The Castle of the English or Santa Clara Castle
- The Manantiales de Torremolinos - Jardín Botánico Molino de Inca (Botanical Gardens)
- La Batería park