"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
SOL PALMANOVA ALL INCLUSIVE INITIATIVE
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We support campaigns and actions targeting groups at risk of social exclusion
- We sponsor and make donations to groups and underprivileged groups present in the surrounding area
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel uses LED lighting
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- The hotel uses the most efficient lighting systems for each area
- We calculate the carbon footprint for the events we organize
- The hotel uses renewable energies - geothermal, wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic
- The hotel is equipped with heat insulation systems: solar film, double glazing, etc.
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- Our product purchases are made in bulk
- Our cleaning teams use concentrated cleaning products
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- We encouraged and apply the use of recicled paper
- The hotel works to raise guests' awareness of the benefits of public transport as the best means of getting around the area
- The hotel uses products made from recycled materials
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- We use recycled products
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with low consumption taps
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
- There are systems to restrict cistern flow
- The hotel is equipped with dual flush cisterns
- Our gardens are watered using low consumption irrigation systems
- Treated water is reused for cisterns or garden irrigation systems
Relations with responsible suppliers
- We use products based on sustainable production, use and disposal processes (specified in greater detail above)
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products
- We collaborate with suppliers in the application of responsible good practices