"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
SOL KATMANDU PARK AND RESORT INITIATIVE
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
Biodiversity and the Environment
- There is a significant presence of autochthonous flora in the hotel's green areas
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel uses LED lighting
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- The lighting facilities and systems are low consumption
- There is a significant use of time switches and other lighting control systems
- We calculate our carbon and ecological footprints
- We calculate the carbon footprint for the events we organize
- The hotel uses renewable energies - geothermal, wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic
- The hotel is equipped with heat insulation systems: solar film, double glazing, etc.
- There is a significant use of electrical and electronic equipment with an A+ energy rating or other energy efficiency standards (Energy Star, EU Ecolabel, among others)
- Our collaborators receive training in environmental issues
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- The menus feature locally-sourced produce prepared in its kitchens
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- Our cleaning teams use concentrated cleaning products
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- We encouraged and apply the use of recicled paper
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- We use recycled products
- We use eco-friendly products
- We use products with a sustainable forest management certification (FSC)
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with low consumption taps
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
- There are systems to restrict cistern flow
- The hotel is equipped with dual flush cisterns
Relations with responsible suppliers
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products
- We collaborate with suppliers in the application of responsible good practices