"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
SOL BEACH HOUSE CALA BLANCA INITIATIVE
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We support campaigns and actions targeting groups at risk of social exclusion
- We participate in programmes to promote the responsible conservation of the destination
Biodiversity and the Environment
- We encourage our guests to become aware of and get involved in biodiversity conservation actions
Architectural conservation and the responsible use of materials
- The hotel stands in a natural setting
- Environmentally-friendly materials were used in any rehabilitation work that may have been carried out
- Environmentally-friendly materials were used in any refurbishment work that may have been carried out in the hotel
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- There is a significant use of time switches and other lighting control systems
- There are electric vehicle parking spaces available for guests
- The hotel offers guests a compensation service for the emissions generated by their stay
- Our collaborators receive training in environmental issues
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- There are closed agreements with suppliers designed to cut down on packaging
- Our cleaning teams use concentrated cleaning products
- Charging stations for electric vehicles are available at the hotel
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- We use fair trade products
- We use eco-friendly products
- We use products with a sustainable forest management certification (FSC)
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture (photography, painting, sculpture, music, dance, theatre and art)
- Local arts and craft are promoted and supported
- Conservation of local culture and identity are promoted through programmes and actions
- The hotel is involved in programmes to promote the recovery of local and autochthonous traditions as well as architectural heritage
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with rainwater harvesting systems
Relations with responsible suppliers
- The hotel applies responsible policies, processes and agreements in its dealings with suppliers
- Where appropriate, we purchase local products that contribute to the development of the surrounding area
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products