"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
MELIÁ CALA D'OR BOUTIQUE HOTEL INITIATIVE
- The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
Biodiversity and the Environment
- We apply initiatives aimed at reducing, minimising or eliminating pollution in general, as part of its commitment to the environment and guests' health and wellbeing
- The hotel applies initiatives for the maintenance, conservation and elimination of waste from the surrounding areas (beaches, rivers, wetlands, forests, etc.)
- We encourage our guests to become aware of and get involved in biodiversity conservation actions
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel uses LED lighting
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- We calculate the carbon footprint for the events we organize
- The hotel uses renewable energies - geothermal, wind, solar thermal, photovoltaic
- The hotel is equipped with heat insulation systems: solar film, double glazing, etc.
- There is a significant use of electrical and electronic equipment with an A+ energy rating or other energy efficiency standards (Energy Star, EU Ecolabel, among others)
- Our guests are offered the use of bicycles or electric vehicles
- There are electric vehicle parking spaces available for guests
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- The menus feature locally-sourced produce prepared in its kitchens
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
Waste Management and Recycling
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- The hotel works to raise guests' awareness of the benefits of public transport as the best means of getting around the area
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture (photography, painting, sculpture, music, dance, theatre and art)
- The design and décor features aspects of local traditions and culture
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
- The hotel is equipped with dual flush cisterns
- Our gardens are watered using low consumption irrigation systems
Relations with responsible suppliers
- We use products based on sustainable production, use and disposal processes (specified in greater detail above)
- The hotel applies responsible policies, processes and agreements in its dealings with suppliers
- Where appropriate, we purchase local products that contribute to the development of the surrounding area
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products
- We collaborate with suppliers in the application of responsible good practices