"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and into our relationships with all our stakeholders (employees, guests, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement to ensure our future from the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS WITH...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting sustainability amongst all our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development in the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable
INITIATIVES BY THE MELIÁ CALA D'OR BOUTIQUE HOTEL
The hotel respects the needs of the disabled or persons with reduced mobility
Biodiversity and the environment
- We have developed initiatives to reduce, minimise or eliminate pollution
- We contribute in maintaining, conserving and cleaning the hotel’s natural surroundings
Architectural conservation and responsible use of materials
- Our hotel is considered part of the resort’s cultural heritage as it is an iconic and historic building
Energy and climate change
- The hotel has LED lighting
- The hotel belongs to the SAVE project, Meliá Hotels International’s corporate programme for energy efficiency
- We have an Integral Plan of Preventative-Corrective Maintenance
- The facilities and lighting system is low consumption
- The hotel uses efficient lighting
- The hotel has lighting presence detectors
- There is significant use of time switches and other lighting control devices
- We calculate our carbon footprint
Local, healthy cuisine
- Our culinary offer includes organic products
- The hotel has menus made from local products, bought from local suppliers and made in our kitchens
- The menu offers specific food and dishes for guests with special dietary needs or guests that are intolerant of certain foods
Waste management and recycling
- We use biodegradable products
- We inform our guests about the use of public transport as the most sustainable transport alternative
- Our guests are provided with information about local cultural activities and events (museums, exhibitions, art galleries…)
- We promote local culture
- Local culture and tradition has a place in our hotel’s decor and design
- We inform our guests about local traditions and festivals so they can discover more about their destination
Reducing water consumption
- We encourage our guests to use water responsibly during their stay
- The hotel has installed systems to regulate the water used during flushing
- We have installed cisterns with a double flush system
Relations with responsible suppliers
- We use products whose manufacturing process, use and elimination are sustainable
- We have responsible policies, processes and purchasing agreements with suppliers
- We buy local products to contribute to local economic development
- We use seasonal products in our culinary offer
- We work with suppliers in sharing and applying good, responsible practices