"At Meliá Hotels International we aim to integrate the values and principles of sustainable development into our business processes and our relationship with all of our stakeholders (employees, clients, owners, investors, suppliers, society and the environment).
We believe that sustainability is a key factor which will allow tourism to continue to be a driver of economic growth. That is why we are committed to constant improvement and to ensure our future thanks to the responsible use of resources.
We would like our commitment and actions to help strengthen our relationship with our stakeholders. It makes us different and reinforces our position as a responsible, stable, safe and attractive company for all those who come to us."
CORPORATE COMMITMENTS TO...
We help conserve the environment, evaluating the impact of our activities and promoting awareness of sustainability amongst our stakeholders.
The local community
We contribute to the development of the local community, supporting and promoting their culture and traditional values.
We actively contribute to the generation of wealth and the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate, with a special focus on children and the most vulnerable.
GRAN MELIÁ VICTORIA INITIATIVES
- We are a "Friend of UNICEF" hotel and take part in MHI's strategic partnership with UNICEF
- We take part in skills-building actions or training programmes targeting underprivileged groups or persons at risk of social exclusion
Biodiversity and the Environment
- We apply initiatives aimed at reducing, minimising or eliminating pollution in general, as part of its commitment to the environment and guests' health and wellbeing
- There is a significant presence of autochthonous flora in the hotel's green areas
Architectural conservation and the responsible use of materials
- The hotel stands in a natural setting
Energy and Climate Change
- The hotel uses LED lighting
- The hotel belongs to SAVE, Meliá Hotels International's Energy Efficiency Project (a corporate programme)
- We calculate our carbon and ecological footprints
- We calculate the carbon footprint for the events we organize
- There are electric vehicle parking spaces available for guests
- The hotel offers guests a compensation service for the emissions generated by their stay
Local and Healthy Gastronomy
- The hotel hosts gastronomy events
- Culinary offer includes organic produce
- The menus feature locally-sourced produce prepared in its kitchens
- Special menus available for guests with specific dietary requirements or food intolerance
- The hotel has customer service agreements with nearby restaurants and businesses
Waste Management and Recycling
- Our cleaning teams use concentrated cleaning products
- We offer a service for the destruction and recycling of documents
- We encouraged and apply the use of recicled paper
- Charging stations for electric vehicles are available at the hotel
- The hotel uses products with a low environmental impact
- Guests are provided with details of cultural sites and activities in the surrounding area
- The hotel raises awareness of and promotes local culture
- Local arts and craft are promoted and supported
- Guests have access to information about local or regional traditions and festivals
Water Use Reduction
- The hotel is equipped with flow regulator devices
- Treated water is reused for cisterns or garden irrigation systems
Relations with responsible suppliers
- Our gastronomic offer includes the use of seasonal products
- We collaborate with suppliers in the application of responsible good practices