Welcome to my Madrid!
My name is Santiago Heredero and I am the cultural expert at the TRYP AMBASSADOR. This is one of my favourite routes, one I would do if it were my first visit to Madrid.
WALKING WITH ART
If you like art, you will love Madrid and you must visit our three famous museums:
- The Prado Museum. See pre 20th century paintings here with its large collection from the Spanish, Italian and Flemish schools. You can leave Madrid without admiring “The Maids of Honour” by Velázquez, “The Nude Maja” by Goya or “The Three Graces” by Rubens or enjoy its unique and never to be seen again temporary exhibitions
- The Reina Sofia Museum. Enjoy the best of modern art with jewels such as “Guernica” by Picasso, the studios, the shop and even the building itself
- The Thyssen Bornemisza Museum. Having the largest private collection of art in the country, enjoy its permanent collection of paintings from the renaissance to the 20th century. Furthermore, next to the hotel in the house of las Alhajasin Plaza de San Martin, see the free Thyssen Bornemisza exhibitions
If you want to visit all three, there is an entrance ticket which combines all three for a reduced price.
WHERE TO EAT: EL RINCÓN DE ESTEBAN
- Restaurant specialising in Castilian cuisine
- C/ de Santa Catalina, 3. Tel: 91.429.92.89
- Average price per person: 35€
SOMETHING TO KEEP YOU GOING: TABERNA LA DOLORES
- Emblematic tavern located in the heart of Madrid
- Plaza de Jesús, 4.Tel:91.429.22.43
MY FAVOURITE SHOP: DIMO PINTURAS EN CERA
- Shop selling artisan items, including beautiful hand painted silk scarves
- C\ Santa Isabel, 50.Tel:91.467.49.75