Tel: (34) 91 5416700Fax: (34) 91 5591040
N +40º 25' 10.84" / W -3º 42' 34.95"
The hotel occupies the former site of two important buildings: the Nuns of Santo Domingo Convent (which gives the name to the street) and the palace of the Dukes of Granada de Ega, an important example of Elizabethan architecture
The palace dates back to 1850 and is the work of Italian architect Matías Laviña, creator also of the palace of the Duke of Vergara located in San Mateo street in Madrid.
Although the interior of the building has undergone major renovation, due to the serious condition it was in, the original structure has not been affected, and its elegant façade is one of the best examples of the Elizabethan style of the city.
As well as the façade, its interior maintains some of its original features such as the small private lounge where the doors and floor still exists and the staircase decorated with the original colours of the palace (red and green).
Worth highlighting is the decor to be found in the pretty arched patio, now converted into the hotel lobby by a glass copula. Here you can admire some exquisite Louis XVI furniture.