Tel: (55) 24 3421 1100Fax: (55) 24 3421 1160
N -22º 56' 54.23" / W -44º 19' 49.43"
In 1502, the navigator Gonçalo Coelho discovered one of the first regions in Brazil, Angra dos Reis. The idyllic islands, mountains, rivers, woodlands and blue sea was given the name of the Three Kings. However, it wasn’t until the 1970s when Angra began to engage in tourism with the opening of the Rio-Santos highway and the arrival of tourist companies.
In Angra there are buildings dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries, such as churches, convents and heritages. Today, the city is known for welcoming people from all over the world who are delighted by its beauty and exuberance.
The islands and the beaches are the main tourist attractions of Angra dos Reis. However, there are also cultural attractions, such as the Naval College and the old quarter.